Saturday, November 3, 2007

Estello and Cows (June, 2007)

So the day my photographer and her brother took me to the Okotoks Erratic we also drove around the country side southwest of Calgary. Big Sky country. I hear they say that about Montana but it is true here, too.

One place I absolutely insisted we stop was along the road so I could look at some cows.

I ran over and climbed up a fence pole so that I could have my picture taken with the cows. At first the cows looked very interested in me and suddenly, they ran away. Was it me? Did I stink? Did my yellow brightness scare them away? I was really perplexed and quite honestly, a bit insulted. My photographer had no idea what happened. She was concerned that maybe the camera scared the cows away.

Her brother started laughing when we got back to the car and we confessed to somehow scaring the cows. He said, "couldn't you hear them?" My photographer and I looked at each other. Hear the cows? Seeing our confusion, Mike told us that the dogs were growling at the cows through the windows and that is what scared them.

Those cows must have good ears. We didn't hear a thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's so funny! [Serenity here, forgot my password again!lol!]