Monday, August 13, 2007

Kawasaki to Kanagawa


Not many pictures here. No real stories to tell. Jamie joined us for another day's adventure. Here's a picture of me at Kawasaki Sation just before we set off.

The first part of the road was in a residential area and there were a few plaques here and there giving a nod to the historical nature of the area. One section was tree-lined and a beautiful little neighborhood.

This is the day we stopped by the river to eat some lunch. My onigiri was kind of tasteless, but it's the only kind good for my tummy.

We stopped at a shrine and watched so young boys exclaim over a huge spider that escaped into a crack in a wall. Overcome with curiosity we checked out this little hole in the wall but no spider.


This part of the guidebook map wasn't so clear so the girls had a bit of a wander before finding a nice couple who were curious about their photography. The couple gave them good directions to the station.

Later, when it got back to the Number Seven highway, it was almost only factories or car shops.

Jamie and my photographer ended up being really hungry. With the road being so unfriendly to wandering pedestrians and no parks in sight they decided to eat in a restaurant. Sadly, most of the places were closed so they walked for an hour longer than they wanted to before getting to a ramen shop. They spent quite a bit of time there because it was air conditioned and they could drink a lot of water. They appeased me by taking my picture.

I had my obligatory picture taken at the end of the day's journey. That's me in front of Kanagawa station. It is a small station on the Keihin line withing walking distance of Yokohama station. The poster I am sitting on describes the historical elements of the area and Old Tokaido

No comments: