Monday, August 13, 2007

Fom Hodogaya to Eternity!



This was another beautiful sunny day. Jamie joined my photographer and I for what turned out to be the final leg of our tour for a while. The road didn't run along the highway for a long while so it was quite pretty.


We found a small Inari shrine that looked quite mystical with all the flowers and wild grass growing. My photographer had an incident with a praying mantiss so she and Jamie were involved in that drama for a while. Here is a link to that event.


Eventually, the Tokaido did blend back with a highway but now we were moving on to a more rural area so there were more trees and it was more variety from the endless run of shops.

I have to say, my photographer didn't do as many photos of me as I would have liked. I suppose I understand. They had quite a distance to cover and it was quite hot. In fact, I melted everytime I had a photo done. Little bits of me are all over the old Tokaido. Jamie even mentioned that I was getting shorter!

We had some fun when we stopped for breaks. I really enjoyed the coffee shops.




The sento (Japanese bath house) was great after a long day walking in the hot sun. Jamie and my photographer decided to wait outside so I didn't get any photos in there. I found I wasn't able to get that ground in dirt out of myself.

Well, this was our last day on the old Tokaido before heading off to Canada to visit my photographer's family and a short trip to Dallas. We will be back on the road once the weather cools off a bit. I am still determined to walk the whole length of the road. My photographer insists that she is not walking thirteen kilometers uphill to get to Hakone until the temperature dips below twenty-eight degrees. I reminded her that we still have several stations to go before we get to Odawara and start climbing up to Hakone. She reminded me that I am quite a bit smaller than when I started due to melting. Her eyes also have a flinty glare that indicate the next time she perches me precariously a fall might not be quite so accidental. Yikes!

Well, see ya soon!

No comments: