Monday, August 13, 2007

Shinagawa to Kawasaki: the first part

This day my photographer and I had company. Jamie Green is a friend of my photographer and walked with us for three stations. It was fun to have company. Actually, I met her last night at Dean and Deluca in Shinagawa Station after my photographer and I finished shooting.

We started off being a bit disoriented as we left the station. Fortunately, my photographer was well fortified with iced latte from Dean and Deluca.

At the entrance to the Shinagawa section of the Tokaido we stopped and took a picture. The most interesting thing is that the residents of this area have done quite a bit to promote the historical aspect of Tokaido. This part of Tokaido has lots of historical buildings and most of the old architecture can be seen in the woodshops. There is even a neighborhood society that promotes the Tokaido and one of the members came over as we were taking a picture and gave us a paper with information and a list of the intersting points of this leg of the journey. Now this is what my photographer could have used the day before!

People were also very friendly and gave lots of suggestions of things to take pictures of. Hello! What am I? Chopped clay?

Anyhow, it was a very pleasant walk until we got to Ota-ku.

No comments: