Monday, August 13, 2007

Nihon Bashi to Shinagawa

When my photographer finally got to Otemachi station she spent a bit of time trying to figure out how, exactly, to get to Nihonbashi. After consulting a few maps she finally made it to our first location. It was really hot out but I was pretty comfortable in the bag.

Once we started shooting I was pretty excited. This is me at the starting point--Nihonbashi. There is a bronze plaque embedded into the bridge. It is a bit blurry to make out but it reads "Nihonbashi"!

A lot of people were pretty curious about what we were doing. Since I'm a star, I'm pretty sure they were looking at me. Then again, maybe they were looking at my photographer. She ended up lying down on the sidewalk in order to get some of those shots. Sometimes it's a bit hard being vertically challenged as I am. Still, she looked kind of silly, and lying down on your belly to take a picture in a chi chi part of Tokyo isn't something one usually sees. I have to admit I was pretty impressed that no one stepped on me. Now that's courtesy!


I got my pictures done in front of some pretty famous Tokyo landmarks in Ginza.
In front of Mikimoto Pearls
In front of the Wako Building, Ginza Yon Chome
Me and my good buddy the Mitsukoshi Lion in front of Mitsukoshi Department Store. You can't really see too much of my buddy, but when my photographer pulled out enough to see him, you couldn't see me!

No comments: